Do you want a career in IT?
We can make it happen!
Services that we deliver in partnership with our customers
• Installation and project support
• Short/medium term backfill
• Temp to perm
• Perm recruitment
• Technical courier/porter
• Body-shopping and temp solutions
• Data migration
• Floor walking
• IMAC (Installations, moves and changes)
• Software upgrades/refresh
• Non-technical basic hardware swaps
• Fault finding and diagnostics
• Printer maintenance and support
• Epos and AV Installation
• Deskside support
• Build technicians
Our candidates come from a variety of backgrounds and are generally self-taught or have a keen interest in IT. The practical training provided ensures a logical approach is adopted and that the customer is put first. Cerco looks for candidates that fundamentally have a positive attitude and are eager to learn and succeed.
Former Service Personnel
Cerco have over the last 25+ years formed strong relations with the British Armed Forces as well as the organisations that serve to help people when leaving. We hold relations with Education Officers and Learning Centres at several Barracks across the UK. These relationships ensure 30% of our candidate intake is ex-military. The security clearances many leave with is also very desirable to employers. Because of this a career in IT can be an excellent choice for an aspiring Forces leaver.
The theory of computer hardware, operating systems, networks, communications and printers is thoroughly covered and reinforced by extensive practical work.
Other vital topics include Health and Safety and customer Care.
On completion of the course, graduates will possess the necessary skills and knowledge for effective customer support of networked PC systems and common peripherals together with a sound foundation on which to build further product training
The course includes assessments for Cerco’s exclusive Cerco Certificate in Systems and Networking (CCSN), which is recognised by our employer partners as an entry-level qualification for systems service technicians
The course covers many fundamental topics and therefore prepares delegates to go on to achieve other certification such as the CompTIA A+, Network+, MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional), etc.
No prior formal computer training is required but applicants must have awareness of and some familiarity with the PC’s hardware, use of PC Systems and possess suitable aptitude as assessed through our entry tests.
Technical topics included are:
• Fundamental Concepts
• PC Operating Systems
• Hardware/Software Devices
• Electro-static Discharge
• Windows Operating Systems
• Command Line Operating System
• Windows Installation via images and WDS
• Topologies and Protocols
• Security and Resource Sharing
• Network Administration, Peer-to-Peer and Client/Server
• Windows Professional Environments
• TCP/IP Networking
• PC Hardware
• Data Storage
• PC Strip down and rebuild with component recognition
• Diagnostic Troubleshooting
• Laptop Maintenance including strip down
• Remote Desktop
• Intranet/Internet access
• Printer Technology
• Laser/Matrix/Inkjet Printer Principles
• Removal and Replacement Procedures
• Local and Network Printers
• Soft Skills
• Customer Care for IT Support Personnel
• Listening skills
• Handling complaints and difficult situations
• Telephone techniques